Monday, March 2, 2015

Welcome to Justin's Kitchen

Dear friends, family, and readers,

As many of you know by now, I love to cook. I love to cook more than I love to eat and I want to share that with everyone. It's one of my favorite hobbies and seeing the smiles on the faces of others makes every dish worth making. There's just something special about seeing a well planned meal finished exactly the way you wanted it to, or even better!

Everything that I have learned was taught to me by my family or by the wisdom of others (the internet). I must have been 6 years old when I started to make my own scrambled eggs on the stove. Now it's become about nailing that perfect medium-rare filet mignon by using sous vide, or spending two weeks on a cut of brisket to prepare pastrami, making my own smoked maple bacon from pork belly, wrapping up tenderloin for beef wellington,  and stewing tough cuts of meat for hours to create the perfect Sunday meat sauce for homemade tagliatelle.

I am not a trained chef and I blend techniques from all the different cultures of food together. I will never say my dishes are authentic, but I will guarantee that every single recipe I put on here is worth making. I will not blabber about trivial things or how my Aunt sometimes double lane drives in her SUV.

This blog is partly for myself. It is a way for me to track my own recipes and write down everything that I've learned to one day pass on. It will have Do's and Don'ts, substitutions and tips, suggestions and much more.

I will always list all the ingredients I used, but I will not write down exact measurements unless I think it is crucial to the taste. I will never script your kitchen experience by numbering out how you should cook. I will group together steps and and cooking tips together so you can work at your own pace.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my new food blog project! I hope you enjoy what you find here. Please let me know if there's anything you would like to see or read about!

Justin Tsan

No comments:

Post a Comment